Subject: [Staff-l] Provost Melanie Corn
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 07:11:47 -0800
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear CCA community,

It is with a mixture of pride and sadness that I inform you that Provost
Melanie Corn has accepted the position of president at Columbus College of
Art and Design (CCAD) in Ohio. Melanie will be CCAD’s fifth president and
the first woman to hold that office. She will leave CCA at the end of
February and start her new job at CCAD on March 21, 2016.

Melanie’s twelve-year tenure at CCA has been distinguished by inspiring
leadership and remarkable achievement. She has been an outstanding academic
leader, developing and implementing the overall academic vision for the
college, playing a pivotal role in our successful assessment efforts,
leading the charge in our diversity initiatives, and spearheading faculty
development programs. She has also been instrumental in the expansion of
the college's academic programs and facilities.

Melanie joined CCA in the Office of Undergraduate Studies in 2003 and has
held increasingly responsible leadership positions in Academic Affairs,
culminating with her appointment as provost in 2012. In addition, she has
regularly taught in CCA’s Critical Studies, Visual Studies, and MFA in Fine
Arts <http://www.cca.edu/academics/critical-studies>
<http://www.cca.edu/academics/visual-studies>
<http://www.cca.edu/academics/graduate/fine-arts> programs. Melanie
received her BA in Art History from Stanford, her MA in Art History from UC
Santa Barbara, and, while serving as CCA’s provost, earned her EdD in
Higher Education Management from the University of Pennsylvania. More
information on Melanie and the CCAD appointment can be found on the website
<https://www.cca.edu/news/2015/12/02/cca-provost-melanie-corn-appointed-president-columbus-college-art-design>
.

I have begun conversations with a group of representatives from faculty
governance to develop a transition plan. Our goal is to ensure a smooth
process for everyone. I will keep the CCA community apprised as the plan is
finalized.

On a personal note, it has been an absolute pleasure working with Melanie
these past twelve years. CCAD is very fortunate to have such an experienced
advocate for art and design education as their next leader. I know you will
join me in congratulating her and wishing her and her family all the best
in the future. We will be making plans to celebrate Melanie in the near
future. Stay tuned!

Sincerely,

Steve Beal

-- 
Stephen Beal
President
California College of the Arts
5212 Broadway
Oakland, CA 94618
and
1111-Eighth Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Email: [email-masked]
Telephone: 510-594-3630
Fax: 510-594-3797
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l