Subject: [Staff-l] Update on Provost transition
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 16:34:09 -0800
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear Faculty & Staff,

I’m writing with an update to my announcement earlier this month about
Provost Melanie Corn’s appointment as the fifth president of Columbus
College of Art and Design. She will be leaving CCA at the end of February.

Over the past two weeks I have had the chance to meet and consult with many
representatives of our staff and faculty to explore transition plans. So
far, I have met with the chairs of our standing governance groups—APT,
Curriculum, and Executive.  I have also met with most of the Executive
Committee membership, the deans, many program chairs, and other senior
faculty and staff leaders. Together we have explored several possible
transition plans for the provost position and also discussed the evolving
needs in academic administration, particularly the growing responsibilities
of the deans. In all cases, the conversations have been thoughtful,
dynamic, and productive.

However, with barely more than a week between the announcement of Melanie’s
news and the end of classes, it was challenging to schedule meetings, and
there are still people with whom I’d like to meet. I plan to use the
semester break to reach out to several more faculty and staff members, have
some time for reflection, and then update the community about a transition
plan before the start of the spring term.

Congratulations to one and all on the successful completion of the fall
semester. I’d like to wish you all the best for the holidays and for the
new year.

Sincerely,
Steve Beal

------
Stephen Beal
President
California College of the Arts
5212 Broadway
Oakland, CA 94618
and
1111-Eighth Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Email: [email-masked]
Telephone: 510-594-3630
Fax: 510-594-3797
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l