Subject: [All Staff] Your vote matters: How to register, vote, and participate as creative citizens at CCA
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 08:00:00 -0700
List-Id: <allstaff.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Students, Faculty, and Staff:

Today is National Voter Registration Day, and we are only 42 days away from
the U.S. general election—Tuesday, November 3. I’m writing today to
encourage every member of our community who is eligible to vote to make
sure you are registered and ready to make your voice heard. See below for
information on how to register and vote
<https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/exhibitions/creative-citizens-action/how-vote-four-steps/>,
and how to get involved as a creative citizen (even if you’re not eligible
to vote in the U.S. election).

Your vote matters. Voting is a form of activism and now, more than ever,
it’s essential for a strong democracy. Young adults (ages 18–29) comprise
more than 20% of eligible voters in the U.S., yet turnout among this age
group has reached record lows in recent years. Let’s turn this trend around
together.

At CCA, we’re committed to working with students, faculty, staff, and
election officials to reduce barriers to student voting. That’s why I have
personally signed the Higher Education Presidents’ Commitment to Full
Student Voter Participation for the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge
<https://www.allinchallenge.org/>, and I am championing the work of
Creative Citizens in Action (CCA@CCA). Our goal is to increase student
voting rates, help students form the habits of active and informed
citizenship, and make democratic participation a core value on our campus.

In addition, CCA’s San Francisco campus is an official Polling Place on
Election Day, so CCA students living on our near campus, as well as our
surrounding community members, will have a close and accessible place to
cast their vote.

Here’s what you can do to make your voice heard at the polls on Election
Day:

   -

   Join today’s virtual Register to Vote Session from 12:30
   <https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/register-vote-session/>–1:30 pm
   PT <https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/register-vote-session/>
   -

   Learn how to register and vote in four steps
   <https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/exhibitions/creative-citizens-action/how-vote-four-steps/>
   -

   Participate in the CCA@CCA Artwork Campaign
   <https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/exhibitions/opportunities/ccacca-artwork-campaign/>
   -

   Attend one of our upcoming Creative Citizens in Action events
   <https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/creative-citizens-series-fall-2020/>
   -

   Talk to your friends and family about the importance of voting

And to those in our community who are not eligible to vote—you have a stake
in this too. You can still be creative citizens in action, and I invite you
to participate in the conversation.

To support course efforts tied to democratic engagement, I’m pleased to
announce that 10 faculty members have received funding
<https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/exhibitions/opportunities/cca-faculty-micro-grants-program/>
from a new endowment gift to launch The Deborah and Kenneth Novack Creative
Citizens Series
<https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/creative-citizens-series-fall-2020/>,
an annual series of public programs focused on creative activism that spans
the disciplines of art, design, architecture, and writing.

Your vote is your voice. Please join me and the entire CCA community in
making our voices heard.

Sincerely,

Stephen Beal, President