Subject: [Staff-l] Former CCA faculty members Carole Peel and Matthew Mills
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 09:21:42 -0800
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Community,

It is with deep sadness that I inform you that the college recently lost
two former faculty members.

Carole Peel <https://www.cca.edu/academics/faculty/cpeel>passed away on
December 25 at the age of 82. Carole taught in the Painting/Drawing program
at CCA for an amazing 46 years (1968 to 2014); she was awarded the status
of professor emerita upon her retirement. Best known for her portrait and
still life drawings in graphite and gouache, she was a much-loved teacher
who influenced generations of CCA students. The San Francisco Chronicle
recently published her obituary
<http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate/obituary.aspx?n=carole-peel&pid=183557565>.
A celebration of Carole’s life and a memorial exhibition of her work are
planned for Sunday, April 30 at Kala Art Institute in Berkeley. More
details will be forthcoming.

Matthew Mills, co-founder of RMW Architecture & Interiors,
<http://rmw.com/45-forward-rmw-celebrates-45-years-love/> died on January
9. He taught in CCA's Interior Design Program from 1974 to 1978 and
remained a great supporter of the program. In 2000 he established the
RMW/Matthew R. Mills Endowed Scholarship for CCA Interior Design students.
Each year students receive the opportunity to travel as a cohort with
faculty to cities across the country to explore broad design related
issues, including materials, communities of making, and design-driven and
branded environments.

On behalf of the college, I express my sincere condolences to the families,
friends, students, and colleagues of Carole and Matthew.

Sincerely,
Stephen Beal

------------------
Stephen Beal
President
California College of the Arts
5212 Broadway
Oakland, CA 94618
and
1111-Eighth Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Email: [email-masked]
Telephone: 510-594-3630
Fax: 510-594-3797
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l