Subject: [Staff-l] Enrollment Leadership
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 13:38:30 -0700
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear CCA community,

After 34 years of extraordinary leadership at CCA, Senior VP for Enrollment
Management Sheri McKenzie will be retiring in June.

Sheri began at CCA(C) in 1983 as director of financial aid, working in a
small office that was once on the back porch of Macky Hall. Over the years
she rose through the ranks to become director of admissions (1990),
associate VP for enrollment services (1999), and VP for enrollment (2001)
to her present position as senior VP for enrollment management (2015).

It’s difficult to summarize Sheri’s many achievements at CCA, but here are
a few highlights:

   - Overall enrollment has more than doubled since 1990.
   - International enrollment increased from a handful of students to
   comprise 35 percent of the student body.
   - CCA’s student body became more diverse through her efforts, which
   included dedicated outreach to underserved populations and the creation of
   diversity scholarships.
   - The scholarship program greatly expanded in her time at CCA; today 73
   percent of CCA students receive some kind of financial aid.
   - Oversight of enrollment marketing efforts, including production of
   numerous catalogues, viewbooks, videos, and other materials, as well as
   guiding four redesigns of cca.edu.
   - Successful student recruitment for 17 new programs that have launched
   since 1985.
   - Mentorship of several staff members who have gone on to director and
   VP positions at other colleges.

Sheri’s departure is surely a loss for CCA, but I know you will join me in
thanking her for her dedication and in wishing her all the best in this new
phase of her life. We are planning a farewell event sometime in June;
details to come.

*Future Leadership in Enrollment Services*

Sheri informed me of her intention to retire a few months ago, which gave
us an opportunity to evaluate the enrollment needs and priorities of the
college going forward. We wanted to identify what would be required of the
next VP, conduct an assessment of the Enrollment Services Office, and
review the national landscape for new leadership. We engaged preeminent
national firm Witt/Kieffer to conduct this study.

After a thorough evaluation that included input from staff, faculty, and
external professionals, I am delighted to announce the promotion of
Associate Vice President for Enrollment Dr. Scott Cline to the position of
VP for enrollment.

Scott is highly skilled and experienced in the areas that were identified
in the study as most important: knowledge of enrollment management and
financial aid strategy, economic modeling, analytical ability, and a deep
understanding of data-informed decision making.

In his seven years at CCA, initially as associate director of financial
aid, Scott has demonstrated a capacity for collaboration and building
partnerships with students, staff, and faculty. This, along with his
knowledge of the college’s history and culture, will be invaluable in
setting and meeting enrollment goals during the campus unification process.

Scott earned his EdD in educational leadership and administration from San
Francisco State University and his MA and BA degrees from Chapman
University. He recently served as president of the California Association
of Student Financial Aid Administrators.

Please join me in congratulating Scott. I look forward to working closely
with him in the coming years.

Sincerely,
Steve Beal

-- 
Stephen Beal
President
California College of the Arts
5212 Broadway
Oakland, CA 94618
and
1111-Eighth Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Email: [email-masked]
Telephone: 510-594-3630
Fax: 510-594-3797
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l