Subject: [Staff-l] Laura Hazlett
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 10:17:32 -0700
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Community,

I’m writing to inform you that Senior Vice President for Finance and
Administration Laura Hazlett has accepted the position of Senior Vice
President/Chief Financial Officer for the Pac-12 Conference,
<http://pac-12.com/> and will be leaving CCA at the end of August. This is
a tremendous loss for the college, and most fortunate for the Pac-12, which
will be well-served by Laura’s strong leadership, strategic and
entrepreneurial approach, financial acumen, and substantial experience in
higher education. As you may know, Laura came to CCA in June 2013 from Cal
Athletics.

Since she arrived at CCA, Laura has been the driving force behind some of
the college’s most important initiatives while strengthening the college’s
financial standing. Among her many accomplishments, she has:

   - Built robust and well-led teams in the areas of human resources,
   operations, planning, facilities, educational technology, and financial
   services
   - Developed external partnerships with organizations such as Workday and
   Qualcomm, as well as internal alliances with various stakeholder groups
   among deans, chairs, faculty, and staff
   - Led several key aspects of CCA’s campus planning and unification
   initiatives, including negotiations to secure approximately 500 new beds,
   paving the way to develop another 500 beds of affordable student housing in
   San Francisco, and working diligently with community and development
   partners to help create a vision for the future of the Oakland
   - Overseen the planning and implementation of Workday as an enterprise
   system at CCA
   - Improved the college’s financial stability, marked by receiving
   upgraded bond ratings from both Standard and Poor’s and Moody’s and
   strengthening CCA’s balance sheet
   - Spearheaded many capital improvements to benefit the student
   experience, enabling significant investments in the college’s shops and
   studios

I’d like to thank Laura for her vision and leadership. She’s been a keen
and valued partner for me during her four years at CCA. The position with
the Pac-12 is an extraordinary opportunity and I wish her all the best. We
will be planning a farewell event in early September. Details to follow.

A search process for Laura’s successor will be announced in the near future.

Sincerely,
Stephen Beal

-- 

Stephen Beal President

[email-masked] | o 510.594.3630
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l