Subject: [Staff-l] SVP Finance & Administration search process and interim plan
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 11:24:53 -0700
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear CCA community,

As you know, Senior Vice President of Finance & Administration Laura
Hazlett has accepted a position with the Pac-12 Conference and will be
leaving CCA at the end of the month. I have formed a search committee and
engaged the executive search firm Isaacson, Miller to assist with finding
her replacement. The search committee will be chaired by Scott Cline and
includes Susan Avila, Tammy Rae Carland, David Meckel, and Faculty Senate
President Emily McVarish. Because the search is expected to take several
months, we have put together an interim plan.

David Kirshman, CCA's former SVP of Finance & Administration from 1999 to
2013, has very graciously agreed to oversee the financial operations of the
college during this period. David’s appointment will be part-time, and the
CCA Board of Trustees has authorized him to serve as interim CFO and
treasurer of the corporation until a new SVP is hired. In order to serve in
this capacity, David will step down from his newly-appointed position on
the board of trustees.

As the search for Laura's replacement progresses, there will be
opportunities for many of you to meet with the candidates and provide
important feedback. I will keep you apprised of any further developments in
the search process.

On a final note, I am delighted to announce the promotion of Leslie Gray to
vice president of human resources. This appointment acknowledges Leslie’s
excellent work and the important role of our faculty and staff as we
develop and implement the long-range strategy for CCA. Under Leslie's
leadership, we have made significant improvements to our employee programs,
processes, and resources, and we will continue to make investments in this
arena. She will join senior cabinet and report to David Kirshman until a
new SVP is in place.

The first day of classes is quickly approaching. I want to wish you all a
happy, healthy, and productive fall semester. Thank you for all your hard
work and for your support during this time of transition.

Sincerely,
Stephen Beal

---

Stephen Beal President

[email-masked] | o 510.594.3630
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l