Subject: [Staff-l] Sydney Carson, Professor Emerita
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 14:13:18 -0700
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Community,

I am writing with the sad news that Sydney Carson, Professor Emerita,
Writing & Literature and Critical Studies passed away recently after an
extended illness.

Sydney taught at the college for 43 years, building a legacy that is still
cherished by faculty, staff, and students.  She was a valued and active
member of several programs at CCA including Writing and Literature,
Critical Studies and the MFA Program in Writing. Her imaginative classes,
including Globalization and the Environment, Improvisation for Writers and
Artists, and Down the Rabbit Hole (Children’s Literature) inspired our
students with innovative connections across discipline and practice.

As founder of the award-winning theater/performance art group the
Nightletter Theater, and a prolific artist and activist, her impact also
continues to be felt across the Bay Area and beyond.

Sydney was a passionate and admired member of our family who’s teaching and
creative practice exemplified CCA’s commitment to community engagement and
social justice.  Her literary and artistic accomplishments continue to
influence generations of artists and writers.

We are proud to remember Sydney Carson as part of our community.

Her daughters, Tamar and Maya Carson will be organizing a gathering to
celebrate her life and we will keep you apprised as their plans evolve.

Please feel free to contact Sydney’s daughter’s Tamar and or Maya directly:

Tamar Carson [email-masked] and Maya Carson at: [email-masked]

With regards,

Stephen Beal

President

-- 

Stephen Beal President

[email-masked] | o 510.594.3630
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l