Subject: [Staff-l] Dani Sukiennik
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:24:11 -0800
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Community,

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that Dani Sukiennik, Visiting
Artist in Animation, passed away Wednesday after a courageous battle with
cancer. He was 54.

Dani was a part of our CCA community since 2013. He was a passionate
teacher, bringing his excitement for cinema to our Visual Storytelling
curriculum and to many others through the creation of instructional videos
and his mentorship of new Visual FX artists.

Outside of his highly skilled work in education, Dani held lead roles at
top animation studios and visual-effects facilities. He worked at Tippett
Studio, Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm Animation, and instructed layout
artists at Dreamworks Animation. Thanks in part to his work, we have such
timeless classics such as “Monsters Inc.,” “Finding Nemo,” “The
Incredibles,” and “One Man Band.” Additional projects Dani contributed to
include  “Ted 2,” “Gods of Egypt,” “The Avengers,” “Twilight Saga:
Eclipse,” “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” and “The Spiderwick Chronicles.”

On behalf of the College I extend my condolences to Dani’s friends, family,
colleagues, and to the film community to whom this is a great loss indeed.
It was an honor to have Dani as a part of our community, and I am grateful
to know that our students were able to learn from one of the best and
brightest in the field.

For any of you who may need support during this time, or who may know of
others who need support, we are here for you. If you know of a student in
need of care, please fill out a CCA Cares form
<https://www.cca.edu/students/dean/cares/form> to ensure they get the help
they need. Free counseling services for our students can also be found
online here <https://www.cca.edu/students/counseling>. For faculty or staff
who need support during this time, please feel free to reach out to
[email-masked].

Sincerely,

Stephen Beal

-- 

Stephen Beal President

[email-masked] | o 510.594.3630
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l