Subject: [Staff-l] National School Walkout Initiative, March 14
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 13:22:51 -0700
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

*Dear CCA Community, Tomorrow marks the one month anniversary of the tragic
shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. The
Women’s March Youth EMPOWER
<https://www.actionnetwork.org/event_campaigns/enough-national-school-walkout>network
has called upon students and teachers across the United States to walk out
of their schools and universities to peacefully protest gun violence and
honor the lives of the 17 people killed. We support the National School
Walkout initiative to keep our schools safe. On behalf of Academic Affairs,
the Faculty Senate and Human Resources, I ask that all of our faculty and
staff be flexible for any members of our community who wish to participate
in tomorrow’s peaceful demonstration.CCA’s founding is steeped in the Arts
and Crafts movement - a movement which advocated economic and social
reform. Social justice continues to be one of our core values today. We
also believe in a student’s right to peaceful protest and that the safety
of our students, faculty, and staff is of the highest priority. Everyday I
am inspired by the work our students do to change the world around us. Be
smart, be safe, and keep standing up for what you believe in. Sincerely,
President Stephen Beal *

-- 

Stephen Beal President

[email-masked] | o 510.594.3630
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l