Subject: [Staff-l] Joe Urich, Senior Lecture and Alumnus
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 13:31:39 -0700
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Community,

It is with great sadness that I write with the news that Joe Urich, CCA
alumnus and senior lecturer passed away unexpectedly this past week as a
result of health complications.

Joe began his time at CCA as a student of our Industrial Design program.
After graduating in 2006, he went on to become a unique and capable
designer with expertise in soft goods and technical gear. He worked for
companies including Marmot Mountain, Timbuk2, Rickshaw Bagworks, Incase,
and most recently had accepted a position at Massdrop.

Joe began teaching at CCA in 2014. During his time here, he lectured for
both CCA’s Industrial Design and Fashion Design programs. Through his work
teaching a cross-disciplinary exploratory studio between these programs, he
championed CCA’s value of interdisciplinarity and innovation and helped
five students win awards from London’s prestigious Royal Society for the
Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures, and Commerce (RSA).

Joe was truly generous in sharing his knowledge with his students and
colleagues at the school, as well as with his friends and family. His loss
will be felt across the design field and across CCA and we are honored to
have had him as a part of our community.

Joe’s family and colleagues are currently planning a remembrance potluck
event in CCA’s Nave Alcove (1111 8th Street, San Francisco CA) on Friday,
August 3 from 4-7pm. The event will provide refreshments and share photos
of Joe’s life and his design work and is open to any who would like to
attend. For any questions about the event, email Corey Jones at
[email-masked].

With regards,

Stephen Beal

-- 

Stephen Beal President

[email-masked] | o 510.594.3630
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l