Subject: [Staff-l] Update on Campus Unification Timeline
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 16:00:15 -0800
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

Good Afternoon CCA Faculty and Staff,

As you know, in 2010 we embarked on a strategic planning process to
envision CCA’s future, paving the way for unification of our two campuses
in San Francisco. We’ve made substantial progress realizing this plan. It
is an exciting and complex process that straddles two cities, involves
multiple stakeholders, and will strategically roll out in phases over
several years.

We wanted to let you know that the timeline for the expansion of CCA’s
campus in San Francisco — specifically the “Double Ground” construction
that is one of many components of unification — is going to be extended. We
expect to share an updated timeline by fall 2019, but we will not be
breaking ground this summer as previously planned.

The redevelopment of CCA’s Oakland campus is proceeding, but taking longer
than originally projected. As a result, CCA is revisiting the timelines
that link the Oakland redevelopment to the SF expansion. The College will
update its plan and schedule before proceeding. We will keep the CCA
community informed via email and our Campus Planning Portal page
<https://portal.cca.edu/planning> as plans evolve. If you have timely
questions, please reach out to your vice president/division head or email
the campus planning team at [email-masked].

CCA’s Board of Trustees and our senior leadership team remain fully
committed to our plan for campus unification, which is already in full
swing. Early generous philanthropic support for the unification project has
surpassed expectations. Blattner Hall residence for 200 students at 75
Arkansas in SF opened in August 2018. The new 500 student residence hall at
188 Hooper is underway for a fall 2020 opening. Redevelopment plans for our
Oakland campus
<https://portal.cca.edu/planning/developers-shares-current-plans-redevelop-california-college-arts-oakland-property/>
were filed with the City of Oakland in November 2018.

We have much to be excited about and look forward to the expanded
opportunities that lie ahead for CCA. Thank you for your continued support
throughout.

Sincerely,

Stephen Beal
President

Art Gensler

Chair, CCA Board of Trustees
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l