Subject: [Staff-l] Former CCA Trustee Patty Fitzpatrick
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: Trustee List <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 16:29:48 -0700
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Community,

It is with great sadness I write to share the news of the passing of former
California College of the Arts Trustee Patty Fitzpatrick.  Patty was a
remarkable person and an excellent trustee – smart, caring, knowledgeable,
and loyal. I was lucky to work with her on our board for seven years, and I
will miss her warmth, ready smile, and passion for helping students.

Patty joined the CCA board in February 2011. During her tenure, she had a
tremendous impact as a leader. She energetically co-chaired two successful
CCA galas in 2016 and 2017, inspiring donors to give over $2.3M to student
scholarships. She chaired the Academic Committee and committed her time to
serve on numerous other committees including the Campaign Taskforce, Wattis
Institute Advisory Committee, Committee on Trustees and the Community
Engagement Committee. Each committee was improved by her intelligence,
insight and enthusiasm.

She also led the way as a philanthropist, giving to numerous CCA programs
including vital support for our Wattis Institute for Contemporary Art. She
also created a generous endowed scholarship fund for international
students. True to form, she did not wish to name it for herself, and
modestly proposed it as a CCA President’s award so students would feel
encouraged by the recognition.

Patty changed CCA for the better as a champion of our mission and values.
She was also a trustee of San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Patty was
all-in on the arts and education and will be sorely missed and long
remembered by the entire CCA community.

A memorial service will be held at 4pm on Friday the 26th of April 2019, at
The Episcopal Church of St. Matthew (1 South El Camino Real, San Mateo, CA
94401). In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made online at a tribute
page set up in Patty's honor in support of the GO2 Foundation for Lung
Cancer: tinyurl.com/pattyfitzpatrick.

Sincerely,

Stephen Beal

-- 

Stephen Beal President

[email-masked] | o 510.594.3630
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l