Subject: [Staff-l] Appointment of New Vice President for Marketing and Communications
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 11:00:00 -0700
List-Id: All-Staff mailing list <staff-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce the appointment of Ann Wiens as our new vice
president for marketing and communications, effective June 24.

Ann joins us from the Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive
(BAMPFA), where, as director of marketing communications and a member of
its senior leadership team since 2016, she built a forward-looking
communications team that significantly increased coverage for BAMPFA’s
programs in local, national, and international media; launched the museum’s
first comprehensive social and digital media marketing campaign;
prioritized the creation of compelling digital content and increased reach
and engagement on BAMPFA’s social media channels; led initiatives to
position BAMPFA as a “cultural town square” in downtown Berkeley; and
provided marketing and communications strategy and support during a period
in which BAMPFA’s membership and attendance more than doubled.

After serving as editor for the Chicago-based contemporary art magazine New
Art Examiner in the 1990s, Ann began her career in higher education in 2005
at Columbia College Chicago as director of communications and editor of the
college’s magazine. She also served as executive director of marketing,
public relations, and graphics at the School of the Art Institute of
Chicago, and senior director of marketing communications at the University
of Oregon.

Ann earned her BFA in Studio Art from the School of the Art Institute of
Chicago, and her MFA in Studio Art from Stony Brook University, both with
an emphasis on painting. She exhibited actively throughout the 1990s and
2000s.

I am delighted to have Ann join our leadership team and community this
summer. I’d like to thank search committee members Susan Avila, Bernadette
Blanco, Scott Cline, Leslie Gray, Mara Hancock, Keith Krumwiede, David
Meckel, and Rachel Reuben, all of who have worked hard since January to
identify a strong roster of candidates and finalists that led to this
outstanding selection.

Sincerely,

Stephen Beal

-- 

Stephen Beal President

[email-masked] | o 510.594.3630
_______________________________________________
Staff-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/staff-l