Subject: [Faculty-l] Congratulations to CCA’s Class of 2020!
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 11:00:00 -0700
List-Id: All-Faculty mailing list <faculty-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Community,

The Class of 2020 will surely go down as one of the most remarkable in our
college’s history. In this time of worldwide crisis and uncertainty, they
persevered and accomplished what they’ve been working toward since the day
they arrived at CCA.

When it became apparent that we would not be able to celebrate and honor
our 2020 graduates as we planned and wanted to, we began looking for
alternatives. Not replacements, as nothing could adequately replace the
exhibitions, events, and ceremonies that traditionally mark the culmination
of our students’ academic careers, but alternatives.

I’m honored to share with you these digital experiences that pay homage to
our graduating students’ work, their stories, and their resilience. On
behalf of the entire CCA community, thank you to all who shared your
stories and well wishes, to all who supported these amazing students
throughout their time at CCA, and, especially, to the students themselves.
Be wowed by their creativity, thrilled by their craft, and captivated by
the ideas embedded in their practice. Enjoy.

   -

   Class of 2020 Showcase <http://cca.edu/exhibitions/showcase2020> – This
   digital showcase presents work by graduating students from across our
   college’s four divisions of Architecture, Design, Fine Arts, and Humanities
   + Sciences. You can also explore end-of-year events, symposiums, thesis
   explorations, and more, reimagined for virtual presentation, and connect to
   individual student features and artist statements on our various platforms.

   -

   Commencement 2020 <http://cca.edu/2020-commencement> – Here, you’ll find
   video and written messages dedicated to the Class of 2020. There are
   letters of love, support, congratulations, and advice from the CCA
   community, written and recorded especially for this year’s 113th graduating
   class. You’ll also find reflections on this moment; facts about this
   distinctive class; selected undergraduate and graduate student speeches;
   and a roll call of the 358 undergraduate and 181 graduate candidates for
   bachelor’s and master’s degrees.

These culminating experiences highlight the great achievements of our
graduating class. I am proud to be a member of this creative community that
came together in this time of crisis. I am grateful to our faculty and
staff who continue to support and care for our graduating class and their
loved ones as they celebrate this important milestone in ways so different
than what we had all anticipated.

Congratulations to the 113th class, you will forever be written into CCA’s
legacy!

Sincerely,

Stephen Beal

President
_______________________________________________
Faculty-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/faculty-l