Subject: [Faculty-l] Remembering Kevin Elston
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 13:50:23 -0700
List-Id: All-Faculty mailing list <faculty-l.lists.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Community,

I’m writing today with the sad news that Professor Emeritus Kevin Elston,
an esteemed faculty member at CCA from 1977 to 2016, passed away on
December 31 from cancer.

Kevin had a rich history at CCA. He was a student at the college in the
1960s and met Theodora—his wife of more than 50 years—here when they were
freshmen. He graduated with a BFA in Advertising Art and Graphic Design in
1966. In 1977, he was hired as a Guest Lecturer in Design and later joined
the First Year program faculty in 1986. Kevin retired after 38 years at CCA
in 2016 and was unanimously awarded the status of Professor Emeritus of the
First Year program that spring.

I often saw Kevin in the cafe early in the morning and he always had a warm
greeting to brighten up my day. During his long tenure at CCA Kevin joined
a group of faculty who had a profound impact on generations of students.
His legacy and lessons will long be remembered.

As we mourn the loss of such a wonderful artist, colleague, and friend, I’m
comforted by thoughts of all the lives Kevin touched during those many
years at CCA, and how our community was made better by his presence in it.

Sincerely,

Stephen Beal

President
_______________________________________________
Faculty-l mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cca.edu/mailman/listinfo/faculty-l