Subject: [All Staff] CCA stands in support of our international students
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 14:59:45 -0700
List-Id: <allstaff.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Students, Faculty, and Staff,

We write today on behalf of the entire CCA community to express our
unqualified support for our international students.

On Monday, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) announced,
without warning, a change in policy indicating that international students
on F-1 visas will be required to take at least one in-person course this
fall to re-enter or remain in the United States. International Student
Affairs and Programs (ISAP) staff have contacted all affected students and
are working closely with them to address their concerns and ensure they are
able to maintain their non-immigrant status
<https://portal.cca.edu/thriving/international-student-affairs-and-programs/maintaining-f-1-status-cca-fall-2020/>.
Any international student who wants to be in the U.S. in the fall 2020
semester will have the option of at least one in-person/hybrid class as the
newly announced policy requires.

Nonetheless, we find ICE’s actions to be alarming, cruel, and counter to
the values we hold as an institution that derives immeasurable benefit from
the creativity, innovation, and diversity of ideas, skills, and experiences
that our international students—more than one third of our student
body—bring to our campus.

We know this misguided and hurtful policy has created undue anxiety for our
students, their families, and our entire community at a time when you are
already facing extraordinary challenges. We want you to know that we stand
with you—you are valued members of our CCA family, we want you here, and we
will fight for you to continue to live, study, and participate fully in
every aspect of our community.

Stephen Beal

President

Tammy Rae Carland

Provost