Subject: [All Staff] VOTE!
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 16:38:15 -0700
List-Id: <allstaff.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Students, Faculty, and Staff,

Election Day is just one week away—Tuesday, November 3. If you are
eligible, vote! If you can, vote early.

I voted early by mail, and members of my family have been writing letters
and phone banking to help get out the vote. My NYC-based son David and his
girlfriend traveled last weekend to Pennsylvania—a swing state—to support
voting efforts there. Wherever you are and whatever your circumstances,
your vote matters! Your friends’ and families’ votes matter!

Members of our CCA community, guided by Creative Citizens in Action
(CCA@CCA)
<https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/exhibitions/creative-citizens-action/>,
have put together many resources to support voting, especially for
students. See what they’ve compiled to help you make a voting plan
<https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/exhibitions/creative-citizens-action/how-vote-four-steps/#step-2-make-a-voting-plan>,
research the issues
<https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/exhibitions/creative-citizens-action/how-vote-four-steps/#step-3-research-your-ballot>
and, most importantly, VOTE
<https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/exhibitions/creative-citizens-action/how-vote-four-steps/#step-4-vote>!
Our goal is to increase student voting rates, help students form the habits
of active and informed citizenship, and make democratic participation a
core value on our campus.

If you’re in San Francisco and want to vote on Election Day, you can drop
off your California ballot at the Student Center Lounge in the main
building—CCA is an official polling place. And if you need it, know that
CCA provides employees with time off to vote
<https://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov//pdfs/tov-english.pdf> (check with HR
<[email-masked]> if you have questions).

While international students can’t vote in U.S. elections, you can
participate in other ways. I encourage you to talk with other students,
faculty, and staff about issues that are important to them—and you! Here’s
a short presentation to help get you started: 5 Steps to understanding U.S.
Elections as an international student
<https://portal-media.cca.edu/documents/FA20__CCACCA_-_Understanding_US_Elections_as_an_International_Student_Presentation_1.pdf>
.

Our work as creative citizens will not end on November 3. CCA has put
together some post-election resources
<https://portal.cca.edu/thriving/student-life/updates/2020-post-election-resources/>
and planned (virtual) gatherings. We may not know the results of this
election immediately; whatever the outcome may be, I look forward to
connecting as a community to reflect on and consider how we will move
forward in a positive way.

Finally, be sure to explore the works by 66 CCA students, faculty, staff,
and alumni who responded to an open call for artwork and poster designs
that encourage civic engagement. The CCA@CCA Artwork Campaign
<https://www.creativecitizens.cca.edu/> is a collective demonstration of
creative activism, and I encourage you to explore and download images. You
can also spread the word about voting this election season with CCA’s very
own voting GIFs <https://giphy.com/californiacollegeofthearts>.

Sincerely,

Steve