Subject: [All Staff] Passing of a current CCA student
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], All Staff <[email-masked]>, All Faculty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 08:47:17 -0800
List-Id: <allstaff.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Students, Faculty, and Staff,

I am writing with sorrow to share the sad news of the passing of one of our
talented CCA students, Elspeth Tordoff, a senior in Interaction Design.
Elspeth passed away peacefully in her sleep Saturday night following
complications from surgery.

In a message to IXD students and faculty, program Chair Erin Malone wrote,
“Many of you knew Elspeth, and know just how strong and persevering she
was. She had suffered a major setback earlier this year from a brain
aneurysm, but she was back in school, doubling down and working hard to
graduate this spring and she was on track to do it. I have never seen
anyone as determined to succeed as Elspeth and I personally had the
pleasure to work with her for the first time this semester and can attest
to that grit and determination (which I am sure many of you have also
witnessed).”

A memorial fund
<https://www.gofundme.com/f/memorial-fund-for-elspeth-tordoff>has been
organized by some of Elspeth’s friends to help her family cover funeral
expenses, flights to San Francisco from their home in Minnesota, and other
costs.

It is always tragic when we lose a member of our CCA community; and it is
especially heartbreaking when a young artist leaves our world too soon. We
are holding Elspeth’s family, friends, teachers, and peers in our hearts.

Sincerely,

Steve

Counseling and support services for members of our community

Students who would like to be connected with counseling services are
encouraged to review the options available
<https://portal.cca.edu/thriving/counseling/covid19-mental-health-resources-/>
to you based on your current location. If you need help navigating that
process, please submit a CCA Care Form <https://www.tfaforms.com/4690782>.

The Claremont Employee Assistance Program <http://www.claremonteap.com>
(800-834-3773) provides benefit-eligible employees with support for a
variety of challenges, including support with grief and loss. The service
offers up to five free counseling sessions per incident per year, as well
as multiple online resources.