Subject: [All Faculty] A statement of care following the tragedy in Atlanta
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 10:04:12 -0700
List-Id: <nested_in_allfaculty.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Community,

On Tuesday, we learned of another terrible act of violence in our
country—the murder of eight people in Atlanta, six of whom were Asian
women. I am deeply saddened for those who are coping with the unbearable
loss of their loved ones, and the grief and fear felt in communities across
the country. I am also angered by this horrific act. I cannot ignore the
intersection of racial, sexual, and gender violence of which the tragedy in
Atlanta is but the latest example. It is especially devastating in light of
a wave of escalating incidents of anti-Asian racism and violence against
Asian communities across the nation, including here in the Bay Area.

As I wrote
<https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/office-president/letters-from-the-president/standing-solidarity-together-against-anti-asian-violence-and-racism/>
just three weeks ago, CCA condemns all acts of violence and discrimination,
and denounces the racism and xenophobia that feed them. I want all members
of our community—especially, today, our Asian and Asian American students,
faculty, and staff—to know that we stand with you in support and in
solidarity. You deserve to feel and be safe, respected, and free from
violence and hate. When that is taken from you, it harms us all.

As a caring community, we extend compassion to those among us who are
experiencing trauma or grief. And as creative citizens, we must each act
with urgency to address and dismantle the complex systems of oppression
that diminish us all.

Sincerely,

Steve

CCA RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS

Counseling Services <https://portal.cca.edu/thriving/counseling/> [CCA
mental health crisis hotline: +1 510-594-5099]

Office of International Student Affairs and Programs
<https://portal.cca.edu/thriving/dean-students/diversity-and-inclusion/>
(ISAP)

Office of the Dean of Students – Diversity, Inclusion, and Community
Engagement
<https://portal.cca.edu/thriving/dean-students/diversity-and-inclusion/>

CCA Care Form <https://www.tfaforms.com/4690782> – Report a concern
regarding a CCA student or incidents of harassment, or receive referral to
services. (Do not use the form for emergency situations requiring immediate
attention.)

COMMUNITY RESOURCES

Safety Tips for Those Experiencing or Witnessing Hate
<https://stopaapihate.org/safetytipsenglish/>

Stop AAPI Hate <https://stopaapihate.org/>

Asian American Racial Justice Toolkit <https://www.asianamtoolkit.org/>