Subject: [All Staff] CFO transition
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 16:00:00 -0700
List-Id: <allstaff.cca.edu>

Dear Colleagues,

I regret to announce that Ed Prohaska, CCA’s Chief Financial Officer, has
informed me of his intent to leave CCA in early 2022 to pursue other career
opportunities. To ensure a smooth transition, Ed will continue to serve in
his current role as we undertake a search for CCA’s next CFO. Suzanne Greva
has been promoted to Controller and Associate Vice President of Finance and
Accounting, providing additional continuity in the Business Services
Office.

Since joining CCA in April of 2020, Ed has successfully led the college
through two budget cycles in the midst of the pandemic, overseen a clean
financial audit, and restructured the Business Services Office to gain
efficiency and more effectively serve the CCA community. He refinanced
CCA’s debt to take advantage of favorable interest rates, resulting in
significant, ongoing savings for the college, and the college has benefited
greatly from Ed’s expertise and professionalism. I will miss his strategic
partnership and keen counsel.

As CCA readies for a return to robust campus life and an exciting and much
anticipated phase of campus unification and the capital campaign, I believe
the coming year will be an opportune time for a new CFO to build on the
stable foundation now in place.

A search for CCA’s next CFO will begin immediately. We have engaged Carlson
Beck, an executive search firm with particular expertise in the nonprofit
sector, as our partners in this search. The search committee will be
chaired by Vice President of Enrollment Management and Auxiliary Services
Scott Cline, and includes Senior Vice President of Advancement Susan Avila,
Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice President of Operations Mara
Hancock, Senior Advisor to the President David Meckel, and Associate Vice
President for Academic Operations Ayana Richardson.

Please join me in thanking Ed for the good work he has done—and will
continue to do through this transition period—for CCA.

Sincerely,

Steve