Subject: [All Faculty] Search process update: Vice President for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 09:16:25 -0700
List-Id: <nested_in_allfaculty.cca.edu>

Dear Faculty, Staff, and Students:

As we begin the fall 2021 semester, I’m pleased to share that CCA has
launched its search for a Vice President of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion,
and Belonging (DEIB). CCA has engaged Isaacson Miller, a leading executive
recruitment firm, to help us with this search with the goal of hiring a
candidate by early 2022.

The search committee will be chaired by Tammy Rae Carland (provost) and
includes Jaime Austin (director of Exhibitions and Public Programming),
Susan Avila (senior vice president, Advancement), Nelson Chan (assistant
professor, Photography), Genevieve Hyacinthe (assistant professor, History
of Art and Visual Culture), George Luis Sedano (vice president for Student
Affairs), and TT Takemoto (dean of Humanities and Sciences). Adriana Lopez
Lobovits (special assistant to the president and board liaison) is
executive administrator for the search committee.

I’m grateful to everyone who provided input that helped us define and shape
this new role, as well as those who have shared recommendations for racial
justice and equity initiatives to help advance anti-racism at CCA. Your
participation in this process has been invaluable as we work together to
address structural inequities and make our campus a more just and welcoming
place for all.

Reporting directly to me, the new vice president will serve as a visionary
leader of CCA’s ongoing DEIB work and nurture strong collaborative
relationships across the college and beyond. As an advocate,
transformational educator, and catalyst for change, the vice president will
capitalize on institutional momentum to advance CCA’s commitment to DEIB,
relaunch the Center for Art and Public Life as a nexus of DEIB and a vital
intellectual and community hub on campus, and further innovative arts
education and professional artistic practice in the years to come. You can
see the complete job description here
<https://cca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CCA/job/San-Francisco/Vice-President-of-Diversity--Equity--Inclusion-and-Belonging_R506568>
.

We welcome your input on this position and encourage you to share your
nominations for potential candidates <https://www.research.net/r/CCA-VPDEIB>
.

CCA is a community defined by our shared values, and the actions we take to
uphold them. We have taken many concrete steps over the past year:
channeling resources to advance DEIB goals; actively working to diversify
the college’s Board of Trustees; expanding programs, mentorships, and
internship opportunities for students from diverse backgrounds; raising
funds for student scholarships and financial aid; requiring and providing
anti-bias training for all staff, faculty, and students; and creating
ongoing forums for discussing and gathering input on challenges and
opportunities to make CCA a more equitable campus.

I look forward to welcoming an inaugural VP of DEIB into this role to lead
our college community in furthering this ongoing, collaborative work and
help create an ambitious vision for diversity, equity, inclusion, and
belonging at CCA.

Sincerely,

Steve