Subject: [All Staff] National Voter Registration Day and voting resources for the CCA community
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 10:30:23 -0700
List-Id: <allstaff.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Community,

Tomorrow is National Voter Registration Day, a nonpartisan civic holiday
that celebrates our democracy and brings together schools and organizations
across the country to register voters. To recognize this important day, CCA
is holding a voter registration event tomorrow, Tuesday, September 28 from
12 to 2 p.m. in front of Makers Cafe on the San Francisco campus.

According to 2020 post-election U.S. Census data, less than 60% of
potential voters age 18-24 reported being registered to vote. I encourage
you to stop by tomorrow and register, update your voter registration, or
simply to learn more about voting resources
<https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/exhibitions/creative-citizens-action/voting-resources/>.
Those who are not eligible to vote can still participate in the democratic
process, and I invite you to learn more about CCA’s resources and support
of creative citizenship and activism.

At CCA, we’re committed to working with students, faculty, staff, and
election officials to reduce barriers to student voting. Since 2018, CCA’s
San Francisco campus has served our community and neighbors as an official
polling place, and thanks to outreach by students, faculty, and staff
across the college during the 2020 election cycle, CCA was recognized
as a Voter
Friendly Campus <https://www.voterfriendlycampus.org/campus-designees>—one
of just two U.S. art and design colleges to receive this designation.

To continue to support course efforts tied to democratic engagement, I am
championing the work of Creative Citizens in Action
<https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/exhibitions/creative-citizens-action/>
(CCA@CCA) and am pleased to announce that 13 faculty members have received
funding
<https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/exhibitions/opportunities/cca-faculty-micro-grants-program/ccacca-faculty-micro-grant-recipients/>
this fall from an endowment gift to support The Deborah and Kenneth Novack
Creative Citizens Series
<https://portal.cca.edu/events-calendar/creative-citizens-series/>, an
annual series of public programs focused on creative activism that spans
the disciplines of art, design, architecture, and writing.

For democracy to work for all of us, it must include us all. We must work
to ensure that every American has an equal opportunity to make their voice
heard and be fairly represented. Please join me and the entire CCA
community in making sure our voices—your voices—are heard.

Sincerely,

Stephen Beal, President