Subject: [All Staff] Summary Survey: CCA Vice President for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Search
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 10:55:41 -0800
List-Id: <allstaff.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Community,

The VP of DEIB Search Committee appreciates your assistance in evaluating
the finalists for the Vice President for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and
Belonging position. Please take a few minutes to complete this summary
survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSej8nYgaY_EsktsyMe_LVE_TVkGnSuFAEurV9FTKvwaJ8mlvA/viewform>
based on your observation of the three finalists.

The survey will remain open until 11:00 p.m. on November 21, 2021.

For questions or comments, please contact the search committee through the
President's Office, [email-masked].

Thank you for taking the time to complete this important survey.

VP of DEIB Search Committee

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 11:17 AM
Subject: Community presentations by candidates for Vice President of
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
To:

Dear CCA Community,

I’m pleased to share the schedule of community presentations by the three
finalists for the position of CCA’s inaugural Vice President of Diversity,
Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB). Each of the finalists would bring
tremendous strengths, insight, and creativity to this important role, and I
am grateful to the members of the search committee and many more members of
our community who have participated in the search process thus far.

Calendar invites will be sent soon with Zoom links and candidate
information. The schedule of presentations is:

   -

   Candidate 1: Monday, November 8, 2:30–3:30
   -

   Candidate 2: Thursday, November 11, 2:30–3:30
   -

   Candidate 3: Wednesday, November 17, 2:30–3:30

All members of the CCA community are invited to attend the community
presentations, which will be facilitated by TT Takemoto, dean of Humanities
and Sciences, and George Sedano, vice president of Student Affairs, who are
both on the search committee and co-chairs of the President’s Diversity
Steering Group.

The candidates will each give a 20- to 25-minute presentation in response
to the prompt: “Please share how your experience might help CCA reach its
goal of operationalizing equity. Please use examples where you've engaged
with an internal community and an external community.” The presentations
will be followed by time for Q&A with the community.

In addition to the presentations, each candidate will visit campus and
meet, both in person and via Zoom, with a variety of community members
including students, members of the Staff of Color Alliance and Faculty of
Color Alliance, the academic deans, Senior Cabinet members, and trustees.

Following candidates’ visits to campus, we will send out a college-wide
survey to gather feedback for the search committee from all who
participated in the process.

I’d like to again thank the members of the search committee for their
thoughtful work to bring us to this exciting point in the process. Thank
you to committee chair Tammy Rae Carland (provost), Jaime Austin (director
of Exhibitions and Public Programming), Susan Avila (senior vice president,
Advancement), Nelson Chan (assistant professor, Photography), Genevieve
Hyacinthe (assistant professor, History of Art and Visual Culture), George
Luis Sedano (vice president for Student Affairs), TT Takemoto (dean of
Humanities and Sciences), and Adriana Lopez Lobovits (director, President’s
Office), who has served as executive administrator for the search
committee.

As a reminder, you can find the complete position description here
<https://cca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CCA/job/San-Francisco/Vice-President-of-Diversity--Equity--Inclusion-and-Belonging_R506568>,
and additional information about the search process here
<https://portal.cca.edu/essentials/office-president/letters-from-the-president/search-process-update-vice-president-for-diversity-equity-inclusion-and-belonging/>
.

Please join me in welcoming the candidates to CCA, and thank you for
participating in the search process for this exciting and important role.

Sincerely,

Stephen Beal, President