Subject: [All Staff] Passing of CCA Alumna and Trustee Emeritus Chair Tecoah P. Bruce
From: Presidents Office <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 08:46:32 -0800
List-Id: <allstaff.cca.edu>

Dear CCA Community,

It is with great sadness that I share news of the passing of beloved alum
and Trustee Emeritus Tecoah Bruce (BFA Painting 1974, and MAEd Art
Education 1979) on December 11, 2021. For over 40 years, there has been no
greater champion of CCA. The college made great strides thanks to Tecoah’s
loyal and passionate support.

Her four decades of service on the board were distinguished by singular
leadership. Tecoah served as chair of the Board of Trustees from 1992 to
1998; secretary and assistant secretary of the board; founding chair of the
CCAC Contemporary Art and Salon Circle donor groups; chair of numerous
committees, including the Academic Committee, Centenary Program Committee,
and two presidential search committees. In 2019 the board unanimously
resolved to award her the distinction of trustee emeritus. Prior to board
service, she was president of the CCA Alumni Association. In that role, she
created and hosted numerous events and programs for graduates.

Tecoah’s positivity, generosity, and warmth made her an inspiring force for
advancing the CCA mission. She was a key leader in campus planning,
spearheading the campaign to purchase and construct the San Francisco
campus. She and her husband Tom founded the Tecoah Bruce Gallery on the
Oakland campus and the Tecoah and Thomas Bruce Classrooms on the San
Francisco campus. Tecoah led the campaign to acquire art from distinguished
alumni and faculty and installed it beautifully throughout campus.

Though she retired from active board duty in 2018, her legacy remains a
vibrant presence in the life of the college. To honor her in perpetuity we
are creating the Tecoah Bruce Scholarship endowment which will support Fine
Arts students working toward their undergraduate degrees at CCA. If you
would like to give in Tecoah’s memory you may do so at cca.edu/give.

The Bruce family is planning a remembrance of Tecoah’s life. We will share
details when they are available.

It was an honor to know Tecoah as a dear friend and colleague. She will be
greatly missed.

Sincerely,

Steve Beal